Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"Sherlock" Quotes from the "Great Game"

"The Great Game" is the last episode in season 1, and frankly I was falling in love with the characters. Moriarty was much more different than I expected, but I still liked him. He was so wonderfully evil in a calm buisnessman sort of way. From his facial expressions to his Westwood suit. But the whole episode is absolutely teeming with wonderfully dramatic and hilarious quotes. Enjoy~!

Sherlock: "Just tell me what happened from the beginning."
Barry: "We've been to a bar, a nice place, and I was chattin' with one of the waitresses and Karen weren't happy with that, so we got back to the hotel and ended up having a bit of a ding dong, didn't we? She was gettin' at me, saying I weren’t a real man-- "
Sherlock: "Wasn’t."
Barry: "What?"
Sherlock: "It’s not weren’t, it’s wasn’t."
Barry: "Oh..."
Sherlock: "Go on."
Barry: "Well, then I don’t know how it happened but suddenly there's a knife in my hands. And you know, my old man was a butcher so I know how to handle knives. He learned us how to cut up a piece-- "
Sherlock: "Taught."
Barry: "What?"
Sherlock: "Taught you how to cut up a piece."
Barry: "Yeah, well, then I done it."
Sherlock: "Did it."
Barry: "I stabbed her over and over and over and I looked at her and she weren’t-- ... wasn't movin' no more. Any more."
Barry: "Hey, you gotta help me, Mr. Holmes! Everyone says you're the best. Without you... I'll get hung for this."
Sherlock: "No, no, Mr. Bewick, not at all. Hanged, yes."
-Sherlock interviewing a murderer

[Sherlock shooting a smiley face on the wall with a hand gun]
John: *coming upstairs* "What the hell are you doing?!"
Sherlock: "Bored."
John: "...what?"
Sherlock: "Bored!"
He shoots the wall.
Sherlock: "Bored!"
*Shoots wall again.*
Sherlock: "Bored!  *flops on sofa* I don't know what's gotten into the criminal classes, good job I'm not one of them."
John: "So you take it out on the wall?"
Sherlock: "Oh, the wall had it coming."
-Sherlock....bored. :)

[John walks into the kitchen]
"Anything in? I'm starving."
[Opens fridge] "Ah."
[Closes fridge then calls to Sherlock]
John:"A severed head!"
Sherlock: "Just tea for me thanks."
John: "A bloody head!"
Sherlock: "Where else was I supposed to put it?"
-O.O

Sherlock:[Looking out window at London]  "Look at that, Mrs. Hudson. Quiet, calm, peaceful... isn't it hateful?"
Mrs. Hudson: "Oh, I'm sure something will turn up, Sherlock. A nice murder, that'll cheer you up."
Sherlock: "It can't come too soon."
Mrs.Hudson: [Sees bullets in her wall] "What have you done to my bloody wall?! I'm putting this on your rent young man!"
Sherlock *smiles*
[Massive Explosion]

[John sees the explosion at Baker Street on the news(he's at Sarah's)]
"Sarah, I have to go! Thanks for everything!"
[Runs to flat]
John: "Sherlock are you ok?"
[Sees Mycroft and Sherlock sitting in the only two undamaged chairs in the room surrounded by mess of the explosion]
Sherlock: *plucks string on violin absently* "Yeah, I'm fine. How was sleeping on the edge of the bed?"
Mycroft: "Sofa Sherlock, Sofa."
Sherlock: "Oh yes, of course..."

Moriarty: [Leaving the pool area] "Ciao, Sherlock Holmes."
Sherlock: [Following Moriarty's progress with a gun in his hand] "Catch..you..later."
Moriarty: *sing song voice* "No you won't!"

[About John's Blog]
Sherlock: "You read his blog?"
Lestrade: "'Course I read his blog, we all do! Do you really not know that the earth goes around the sun?"

Lestrade: "But what's this got to do with that painting? I don't see-- "
Sherlock: "You do see, you just don't observe!"
John: "Alright! Alright, girls, calm down."

"Oh, so you meant spectacularly ignorant in a nice way."
-- Sherlock

Sherlock: "People have died."
Moriarty: "That's what people DO!"


"Moriarty: "It used to be fine, but now your just getting in the way!"
Sherlock: "Thank you."
Moriarty: "I didn't mean it as a compliment."
Sherlock: "Yes you did."
Moriarty: "Alright I did."

Jim Moriarty: "I will burn the heart out of you."
Sherlock: "I have been reliably informed that I don't have one."
Jim Moriarty: "Oh, but we both know that's not quite true."

[Sniper dots are gone-Sherlock's quickly yanking the bomb off John]
Sherlock: "Are you ok?"
John: "Yeah-yeah I'm ok."
Sherlock: "That-that thing that you offered to do back there [referring to John holding Moriarty close so Sherlock could shoot him, and as a result kill Moriarty] "That was good."
John: "Glad no one saw that."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "You, ripping off my clothes in a darkened swimming pool. People might talk."
Sherlock: "People do little else."
[Moriarty returns]
Moriarty: "Sorry boys! I am SO changeable! It is a weakness of mine. But, to be fair to myself, it is my only weakness.You can't be allowed to continue Sherlock. *straight face* You just can't."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment