Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sherlock: Quotes from the Study in Pink

I enjoyed the original "Sherlock Holmes" (With Jeremy Brett) and when PBS started playing "Sherlock" a modern version of Sherlock Holmes, I couldn't resist. And I fell head over heels in love with it. Here are some quotes from the first episode;The Study in Pink(In the original Sherlock Holmes-The Study in Scarlet)

"Oh look at you lot. Your all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing."
-Sherlock

"Dear god what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring!"
-Sherlock

 "Well this is a prime spot. Must be expensive."
 "Mrs. Hudson, the landlady is giving me a special deal. She owes me a favor. A few years back her husband got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out."
 "You stopped her husband from being executed?"
"Oh, no. I ensured it."
-Sherlock and John(at Baker Street)

"I'm not a physcopath Anderson, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-Sherlock

"We've got a serial killer! Love those, always something to look forward to!"
-Sherlock

"[To Sherlock] Where did you get a colleague?" [To John] "Did he follow you home?"
-Sally Donovan(unaired version)

"You've got 2 minutes"
"Might need more"
"I'm breaking every rule to let you in on this in the first place!"
"Yes, because you need me."
"Yes I do, God help me."
-Sherlock and Lestrade(Bet you can guess who says what)

"For goodness sake! I occupy a minor position in the British Government."
"He is the British Government when he's not too busy being the British Secret Services or the CIA on a freelance basis. Good evening, Mycroft. Try not to start a war before I get home, you know what it does for the traffic."
-Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes

[John has just killed the cabbie]
Sherlock: "Are you alright?"
John: "Yes, of course I'm alright."
Sherlock: "Well, you have just killed a man."
John: "Yes... that's true, isn't it... but he wasn't a very nice man."
Sherlock: "No... no, he wasn't really, was he?"
John: "No, frankly, a bloody awful cabbie.'
Sherlock: "That's true, he was a bad cabbie. You should've seen the route he took us to get here."
*both start giggling*
John: "Stop it! We can't giggle at a crime scene."

"That's fantastic!"
"Do you know you do that out loud?"
"Sorry. I'll shut up.
"No, it's...fine."
-John and Sherlock(Talking about Sherlock's deductions)

Sally Donovan: "Are these human eyes?"
Sherlock:"Put those back!"
Sally Donovan: "They were in the microwave."
Sherlock:"Its an experiment."

"Where did you get this? Dectective Inspector Lestrade?"
"I pickpocket him when he's annoying."
-John and Sherlock

[About Mycroft's discussion with John]
Sherlock:"Did he offer you money to spy on me...?"
John:"Yes."
Sherlock:"Did you take it?"
John: " ...No?"
Sherlock: "Pity, we could've split the fee. Think it through next time."

"This is how you get your kicks isn't it? You risk your life to prove your clever."
"Why would I do that?"
"Because your an idiot." *both smile*
-John and Sherlock

"Sorry, gotta dash, I think I left my riding crop in the mortuary."
-Sherlock

Sherlock: "The bullet they just dug out of the wall is from a handgun. A killer shot like that over that distance from that sort of weapon, you're looking for a crack shot but not just a marksman, his hands musn't have shaken at all so clearly he's acclimatised to violence. He didn't fire until I was in immediate danger though, so obviously has a strong moral principles. You're looking for someone probably with a history of military service and nerves of steel... [sees John] Actually, you know what? Ignore me."
Lestrade:" ... Sorry?"
Sherlock: "Ignore all of that. It's just the, uh, shock talking."
Lestrade: "Wait, where are you going?"
Sherlock:"I just need to, uh, talk about the rent —"
Lestrade: "But I still have questions for you!"
Sherlock: "Oh, what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket!"




No comments:

Post a Comment