Friday, August 17, 2012

Sherlock Holmes 2009

Ok, I know I'm a bit behind everyone else, and that you lot have probably already seen this. But, as a hard core Jeremy Brett and Benedict Cumberpatch fan, I didn't think that Robert Downey Jr. would be a good Sherlock. But, he was, in his own way. You did see a lot of Tony Stark shining through though. It'd probably have been better if I'd seen this before "Avengers" or "Iron Man" (1 and 2)

These are quotes I found that I really enjoyed from the movie, and I'll also post a link that sends you to a funny video of scenes from the movie. :) Enjoy.

*Holmes spying on Blackwood's sacrifice-a henchman tries to sneak up on him, but Watson catches him and grabs him in a hold*
Watson: *whispers* "I like the hat."
Holmes: "Ah. I just picked it up."
Watson: "Did you remember your revolver?"
Holmes: "I knew I forgot something. Thought I left the stove on."
Watson: "You did."
Holmes: "That's quite enough I think, you are a doctor after all." *Watson drops henchman who is now unconcious* "Always nice to see you, Watson."

Sir Thomas: "Mr. Holmes, apologies for summoning you like this. I'm sure it's quite a mystery as to where you are, and who I am... "

Sherlock Holmes: "As to where I am, I was, admittedly, lost for a moment, between Charing Cross and Holborn, but I was saved by the bread shop on Saffron Hill. The only baker to use a certain French glaze on their loaves - a Brittany sage. After that, the carriage forked left, then right, and then the tell-tale bump at the Fleet Conduit. And as to who you are, that took every ounce of my not-inconsiderable experience. The letters on your desk were addressed to a Sir Thomas Rotherham. Lord Chief Justice, that would be the official title. Who you *really* are is, of course, another matter entirely. Judging by the sacred ox on your ring, you're the secret head of the Temple of the Four Orders in whose headquarters we now sit, located on the northwest corner of St. James Square, I think. As to the mystery, the only mystery is why you bothered to blindfold me at all."

Irene Adler: "Why are you always so suspicious?"
Sherlock Holmes: "Should I answer chronologically or alphabetically?"

Watson: *Holmes is pointing the bow to his violin at him* "Get that out of my face."
Holmes: "It's not in your face, it's in my hand."
Watson: "Get what's in your hand out of my face."

Watson: "You've been in this room for 2 weeks, I inisist you have to get out."
Holmes: "There is absolutely nothing of interest to me, out there, on earth, at all."
Watson: "So you're free this evening?"
Holmes: "Absolutely."
Watson: "Dinner?"
Holmes: "Wonderful."
Watson: "The Royale?"
Holmes: "My favorite."
Watson: "Mary's coming."
Holmes: "...Not available."
Watson: "You're meeting her, Holmes!"
Holmes: "Have you proposed yet?"
Watson: "No, I haven't found the right ring."
Holmes: "Then it's not official."
Watson: "It's happening. Whether you like it or not, 8:30, the Royale. Wear a jacket!"
Holmes: *sulking* "You wear a jacket."

*Mrs.Hudson is starting to clear space for tea*
Sherlock Holmes: "Don't touch. Everything is in its proper place... as per usual, Nanny."
*on her way out Mrs.Hudson notices the dog lying on the floor.*
Mrs.Hudson: "Oh he's killed the dog. Again."
Watson: *annoyed* "What have you done to Gladstone now?"
Sherlock Holmes: "I was simply testing a new anesthetic. He doesn't mind."

*Holmes has been firing a gun at the wall*
Watson: "Permission to enter the armory?"
Holmes: "Granted." *fires again* "Watson, I am in the process of inventing a device which muffles the sound of a gunshot." *he yells in pain when Watson opens the curtains letting in sunlight to the room*
Watson: "It's not working."

Sherlock Holmes: [to Blackwood] "I wonder if they'd let Watson and me dissect your brain. After you hang, of course. I'd wager there would be some deformity that would be scientifically significant. In that way, at least, you could serve some kind of useful purpose."

Irene Adler: "I'd say you're between jobs."
Sherlock Holmes: "And you, between husbands."
Irene Adler: "He was boring and he was jealous and he snored. I'm Irene Adler again."

*Watson and Mary enter Baker Street to find Holmes hanging from a noose*
Watson: "Don't worry, dear. Suicide is not in his repertoire. He's far too fond of himself for that." *jabs Holmes sharply* "Holmes!"
Holmes: *wakes up* "Oh, good afternoon. I was attempting to determinethe means by which Blackwood survived his execution - clearing your good name, as it were - but it had a surprisingly soporific effect, and I found myself carried off into the arms of Morpheus like a caterpillar in a cocoon." *sees Mary* "Good afternoon dear."
Watson: "Get on with it, Holmes."
Holmes: "Well, cleverly concealed in the hangman's knot was a hook... oh, my, I think my legs have fallen asleep. I should probably come down."
Mary: "John, shouldn't we help him down?"
Watson: "No, no, I hate to cut him off mid-stream." *to Holmes still hanging from the ceiling*  "Carry on."
Holmes: "Well, the executioner attached it to a harness which allowed the weight to be distributed around the waist and the neck to remain intact. Oh, lord, I can't feel my cheeks. Might we continue this at ground level?"
Watson: "How did you manage it, Holmes?"
Holmes: "I managed it with braces, belts and a coat-hook. Please, Watson, my tongue is going, soon I'll be of no use to you at all."
Watson: "Worse things could happen."



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWVMia8HCHI
above is the funny video link.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment